Discussion and Application Questions:
- How does the Apostle Paul’s use of the term “comfort” differ from the ways we often use or think about comfort?
- Does anything surprise you about the suffering of the Apostle Paul? Why might the church in Corinth have discredited him? What is he doing by sharing about his suffering so honestly in this letter?
- Do you compare your suffering and affliction with others? What is the danger in this? Where can you go in your unique affliction?
- How are we comforted by God? How has God used this comfort in your life to comfort someone you know?
- Paul’s understanding of the present is governed by the _________. How does this enable the Apostle and the church to comfort others?