Summer Sunday School: The Pilgrim's Progress
Sunday School meets Sundays at 9:30 a.m.
Meets in Classroom 7
The Children’s Class is using the Children’s Pilgrim’s Progress curriculum from Great Commission Publications.
Through this adventure story, children ages 6–12 will discover many important biblical truths, including:
- a deeper understanding of Christ and the gospel…
- the necessity of God’s Word, the Holy Spirit, and other believers for teaching, instruction, encouragement, and support…
- the true definition of a Christian…
- a picture of the Christian life—a pilgrim’s journey with ups and downs, distractions, difficulties, and even feelings of being cut off from God as a believer presses toward the grand end…
- and insight into the heart and character of Christians and those who only claim to know Christ.
Meets in Classroom 2
The Adult Class is using The Pilgrim’s Progress: A Guided Tour from Ligonier Ministries.
The Pilgrim’s Progress, written by John Bunyan over 300 years ago, is one of the most widely-circulated books ever to be published in the English language. In spite of its popularity in the past, many people today are not familiar with this masterpiece. Join Dr. Derek Thomas as he leads a guided tour of this allegorical work, showing that Christians have as much to gain from this book today as they did hundreds of years ago.